Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Reflections

Hmmm...this'll be quite interesting.


I've never really done much blogging, let alone have an account specifically for it. Kinda felt as if I would be publicizing too much about myself… Never saw much appeal to that.


But I'm beginning to realize that blogging can also be a means of healthy expression. Where the tongue fails, the pen gently draws out the throbbing thought. This is my case, for I have a very difficult time relaying my thoughts very well when face to face. I know what I want to bring across, but verbal expression always seems to go to the wind with me! So it’s to the “pen” for me.


Blogs entries can be sweet, pathetic, funny, or plain serious. This atmosphere is created by the writer. Under his fingers, he can make a prosaic happening alive with romance, or a grand occasion sound like a boring time schedule. This is in the power of the writer—he will either captivate a reader, or make him yawn. That is style.


And what’s as important, if not more so, is the content of the blog. Hmmm…let me rephrase that. Maybe not so much the topic, but more the strain. Am I ever beginning to realize that entries show how the author's mind runs…yikes! I can write about a budding romance, a hilarious happening, a disappointment, and even a little confusion or frustration…but let the gentle strain ever be, “Lord, how good and merciful you are!”


One thing that I’d really like to work towards in this blog is to avoid writing in an "encrypted" sort of way, that when asked about, I’m not willing to elaborate on. (At least to a certain degree.) My blog is public, and so I must be ready for any “cross fire.” Hehehe. If I’m not ready for it, it’d be best not to post it so publicly at all. To post it while not willing for any interrogation is to lose a friend’s trust. And I’d like to think of blogging as a way for friends and family to be blessed by God’s working in my life, rather than a way for them to find reason to be repelled by any thoughtlessness on my part.


I’m no skilled writer, nor very organized or well-developed in thought. (I’m working towards that though. Hahaha.) But my prayer is that, whatever attempt I make at posting, others may be led to glorify God. With that said, Hello to the World of Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment